Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blessed

I have been following a particular blog for a month or so now and it has ripped my heart right out of my chest.  The other night I read the posts from start to present and I sobbed the entire time.  The blog follows a family on their harrowing journey as they discover their infant son has a very rare, agressive brain tumor.  After a surgery and many days in the hospital they are told there is nothing else they can do for the 8 month old baby; mom and dad make the decision to take their son home.  Two days later this precious little boy died.

Having an 18 month old son myself I couldn't even begin to fathom the pain these people were going through... both mom and dad wrote of the daily experiences leading up to this baby's untimely death with such elegance and grace; the love they have for their son is so evident.  Reading about his funeral, arrangements and how they are dealing with their sons loss is a very emotional experience.

Reading of their plight obviously made me think of my own beautiful son and of how lucky my husband and I are.  Happy and healthy he is a true gift from God and I vow to never take advantage of my time spent with him.  To say that we are blessed is an understatement.

If any of you are interested I will post the link to their page.  They have also set up a fund in their sons name. 

http://jamescamdensikes.blogspot.com/2011/08/answering-why-question.html

No comments:

Post a Comment